We specialize in Vintage Mid Century Modern furniture, lamps, art and kitchenware. Everything you could need for your home or Mid Century lifestyle. If we don't have it, we can find it for you! All pieces are 100% vintage, hand picked, and best of all, AFFORDABLE. We do not believe in inflating the value of these pieces, we do believe in finding these pieces homes where they will be utilized as intended. Please don't think that we are weird if we tell you to sit on our couches or chairs, open drawers, explore, touch, or test-out any of our stock. As far as we're concerned, it has lasted this long there's not much out there that can hurt it! We've arranged the store to resemble a home and hope that all of our visitors, customers and neighbors will stop in and feel like they're at home.
Era Atomica has been a labor of love stemming from a simple home decor project gone, well, feral. In searching for the perfect, iconic MCM pieces for my (Stacey's) 1962 split-level ranch home, it amazed me how much of these pieces are still floating around in this day and age. Some of them may not be as perfect as they were back in the 1950's or 60's but neither myself, or my staff here are afraid to get down and dirty. We're well acquainted with various finishes, tools, and are even learning how to reupholster on site.
We have recently celebrated 2 years here on E. Passyunk Ave and could not be happier with everything! We are confident that our furniture and other items are solid, quality pieces at affordable prices and are happy to share your enthusiasm for this era, and to be able to supply you with special, unique pieces to furnish your home.
- We offer local delivery starting at a $25 fee for larger, heavy, or generally awkward pieces. We can deliver throughout the city and nearby 'burbs. Deliveries are generally done on Wednesdays unless special arrangements have been made. Deliveries are done by friends of Era Atomica, who are by no means professional delivery drivers or movers etc. In the interest of fairness, opting for delivery is a choice not an obligation and we are not responsible for any damage incurred in transit or from moving or installation in your home.
- Consignment / Buy-outs: Please see this page.
- On Holding items, Deposits, etc.
- We will happily "hold" an item for you without a cash deposit for 24 hours. After 24 hours, the hold is removed.
- Deposits are taken on items that are priced $100 or higher. Any item with a deposit must be paid in full within 7 days to ensure ownership of the item. After 7 days we reserve the right to refund and re-stock unless other arrangements are made.
- Items that have been paid for in full, and opted for pick-up must be picked up within 48 hours of purchase. As much as we love some pieces and hate to see them go, the truth is that they do take up valuable floor space, as well as give the impression that they are still available for sale to other customers. We will call to remind you, and the option for delivery is still available to you however if we cannot contact you about your piece(s) after 48 hours, we reserve the right to move it off-site to our warehouse in Germantown and you the buyer will be responsible for arranging an appointment when someone is there in order to pick up your item.
- On Returns and Refunds:
Due to the nature of vintage, all items are sold as-is and we cannot accept returns. We feel as though we represent everything fairly and will answer all questions with the brutal honesty. Customers are more than welcome to inspect anything inside and out, upside down!
And, unfortunately, due to the current issue of infestation (bed bugs and/or fleas) and the high rates of them in this city, we absolutely cannot and will not accept anything that has fabric, foam, cushioning, or caning back into the store after it has left our premises. This is our 100% no exceptions given rule and we cannot break this for anyone, as it puts our entire stock, business, livelihood in jeopardy as well as our employees' personal effects and homes in jeopardy.
- Employment Opportunities: