We specialize in Vintage Mid Century Modern furniture, lamps, art and kitchenware. Everything you could need for your home or Mid Century lifestyle. If we don't have it, we can find it for you! All pieces are 100% vintage, hand picked, and best of all, AFFORDABLE. We do not believe in inflating the value of these pieces, we do believe in finding these pieces homes where they will be utilized as intended. Please don't think that we are weird if we tell you to sit on our couches or chairs, open drawers, explore, touch, or test-out any of our stock. As far as we're concerned, it has lasted this long there's not much out there that can hurt it! We've arranged the store to resemble a home and hope that all of our visitors, customers and neighbors will stop in and feel like they're at home.
Era Atomica has been a labor of love stemming from a simple home decor project gone, well, feral. In searching for the perfect, iconic MCM pieces for my (Stacey's) 1962 split-level ranch home, it amazed me how much of these pieces are still floating around in this day and age. Some of them may not be as perfect as they were back in the 1950's or 60's but neither myself, or my staff here are afraid to get down and dirty. We're well acquainted with various finishes, tools, and are even learning how to reupholster on site.
As of this tale, our store is only a fledgling - having been open officially one WEEK today, who's to say what the future holds but for now, we are confident that our furniture and other items are solid, quality pieces at affordable prices. We are happy to share your enthusiasm for this era, and happier to be able to supply you with special, unique pieces to furnish your home.
- We offer local delivery starting at a $25 fee for larger, heavy, or generally awkward pieces. We can deliver throughout the city and have even taken pieces as far as NJ and DE. Deliveries are generally done on Tuesdays only unless special arrangements have been made. Deliveries are done by friends of Era Atomica, who are by no means professional delivery drivers or movers etc. In the interest of fairness, opting for delivery is a choice not an obligation and we are not responsible for any damage incurred in transit or from moving or installation in your home.
- Consignment / Buy-outs: Please see this page.
- On Holding items, Deposits, etc.
- We will happily "hold" an item for you without a cash deposit for 24 hours. After 24 hours, the hold is removed.
- Deposits are taken on items that are priced $100 or higher. Any item with a deposit must be paid in full within 7 days to ensure ownership of the item. After 7 days we reserve the right to refund and re-stock unless other arrangements are made.
- Items that have been paid for in full, and opted for pick-up must be picked up within 48 hours of purchase. As much as we love some pieces and hate to see them go, the truth is that they do take up valuable floor space, as well as give the impression that they are still available for sale to other customers. We will call to remind you, and the option for delivery is still available to you however if we cannot contact you about your piece(s) after 48 hours, we reserve the right to move it off-site to our warehouse in Germantown and you the buyer will be responsible for arranging an appointment when someone is there in order to pick up your item.
- Employment Opportunities: